Bid Openings, RFQs &RFPs
Request For Proposal (RFP) 21-22-003 Civic Center Janitorial Services
This bid is made for furnishing janitorial services for the City of Windcrest, Civic Center
The Civic center has 5111.62 sq ft inside the building (2945.5 is floor space) and an additional 1400 sq ft of outside patio area (The 1400 sq ft covered patio area is not part of the RFP 21-22-003 cleaning contract).
The janitorial services shall be provided as deemed necessary to meet the contract requirements. The contractor shall provide janitorial services as described herein and shall provide all labor, material, appliances, tools, equipment, transportation, and services necessary for and incidental to performing all operations in connection with the execution of this document.
The schedule of work hours for accomplishment of the janitorial service shall conform to the requirements of the City of Windcrest. The schedule of the Civic Center cleaning will be coordinated with our Civic Center Tech. Due to the Civic Center hosting a variety of events, the cleaning schedule will be based on the schedule of use for the Civic Center. Civic Center Coordinator will provide a monthly calendar of events. Any schedule changes will be provided in writing.
The Contractor shall in no way interfere with the normal work of the City employees. Regularly scheduled meetings of City governmental and advisory bodies and other various City events after normal working hours may require adjustments to the regular Work Schedule. The City Representative will give the Contractor notice of such variances to the regular Work Schedule on an as-needed basis.
The contractor shall furnish and maintain all equipment necessary for the proper maintenance of each location. The City of Windcrest reserves the right to make inspections of equipment. Should any and all equipment be found to be in poor condition, it must be pulled from service and replaced at the Contractor's expense. Failure to provide suitable equipment for the performance of this contract, will be grounds for the City to terminate the contract.
Equipment used by the Contractor shall conform to the requirements listed herein. No equipment shall be used which will damage City facilities. Where a specific piece of equipment is specified there shall be no deviation without the express permission of the City of Windcrest. In the event a deviation is requested by the contractor, samples will be submitted prior to approval.
- Length of the price agreement for the initial Civic Center Janitorial Services shall be for twelve (12) months with the option to renew the contract for two additional one year periods, provided both parties are in agreement.
- The Initial Civic Center Janitoral Services Contract part A shall begin on July 1, 2022 and will end on September 30, 2022.
- The Initial Civic Center Janitoral Services Contract part B shall begin on October 1, 2022 and will end on September 30, 2023.
- The City of Windcrest reserves the right to make a bid award to either one vendor whose bid is the best value for the City, or to multiple vendors.
- It is the City’s intention to award the entire bid to one vendor, but we reserve the right to award the bid by category. If your bid is predicated on being awarded multiple or all of the categories, you must provide this data with your bid. If you fail to specify this, the City will award this bid in our best interest either in total or by category.
- The City of Windcrest reserves the right to cancel the contract upon thirty (45) days written notice with or without good cause.
- Purchase orders will be issued on an as needed basis.
- Vendor must submit proof of insurance (by means of the attached insurance requirement affidavit) which meets or exceeds the limits stated within the bid documents.
- Please provide three (3) municipal/state references that are currently using your janitorial services. References must have the following information and must be accompanied by this bid to be considered.
- City Name
- Street Address
- City, State, and Zip Cosw
- Contact person
- Telephone Number
Sealed bids will be received by the City of Windcrest, Texas, at the Finance Office, Windcrest City Hall, 8601 Midcrown Dr. , Windcrest, Texas 78239, until the hour 10AM on 05/11/2022, at which time bids duly delivered and submitted will be opened then and there and publicly read aloud.
- View the full document for Request For Proposal 21-22-003
- View all modifications for Request For Proposal 21-22-003
- 04/28/2022 at 10:00 AM - non-mandatory Pre-Bid Submittal Meeting will be held at Windcrest City Hall
- 05/11/2022 at 10:00 AM - Bids will be finalized
Bids may be canceled with 30 days written notice with good cause.