Ride Along Program
|The Purpose Of The Ride Along Program
|| Insight into what it means to be a police officer
Foster a better understanding of challenges, hazards and rewards of police officer's role
|The primary purpose of a police ride along is to provide an opportunity for the community to see firsthand the day-to-day workings of law enforcement in Windcrest. Criminal Justice students and people interested in a career in law enforcement have found the program particularly useful. The program is intended to be an educational tool for participants.
Those interested in participating in the program are required to complete an initial application form used to conduct a background investigation to determine your qualifications. Also, all participants are required to complete the Windcrest Police Department's release form which must be notarized prior to the ride along.
The applications and release form can be picked up at the Windcrest Police Department
, Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
|The following persons are NOT eligible to ride:
- Citizens who have been convicted of a crime classified as a Class B or Class A misdemeanor in the last seven (7) years,
- Citizens who are under indictment for information in any court for a crime classified as a Class B misdemeanor or higher,
- Citizens who have been convicted of any felony,
- Citizens who have a history of drug use/abuse within the last three (3) years,
- Citizens who have been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution,
- Citizens who have provided false or misleading information on an application,
- Any person who has violated any provision of this policy or the Standards of Conduct and Appearance,
- Any person believed to have an intent or motive that is not in the best interest of the City or this department,
- Persons under the age of 18, unless specifically approved by the Chief of Police.